Is Your Strategic Plan Recession Savvy?
You spent months and lots of money crafting your strategic plan. Almost everyone was happy with the goals and new sense of community. But are you really using it? A great indicator of whether your strategic plan is really being implemented – have you stopped and examined your financial sustainability within the framework of your plan? If the answer is no, your plan is just a pretty picture of what your organization could be.
Financial sustainability must be at the core of planning and the establishment of goals followed by how to achieve your mission and vision given that financial outlook. Certainly the last few years have changed your sustainability levels. Now is the time to stop and re-visit your strategic plan:
- Are your stated goals still accurate?
- How does your financial framework need to change?
- Do you need to focus on fundraising, or drawing down services?
- Can you streamline processes and services?
- What new revenues and services would you like to explore?
This is not the time to put your head down and work harder. Stop, evaluate your plan to maximize what you have and prioritize what you need. Let us know how we can help.